Bread Toast starters Nov 17, 2022 min Read
Super easy toast recipe made using Thaayar Dosa batter and bread. You can use any veggies into the Dosa batter to make it healthy.
- Thaayar Idli/Dosa batter - 1cup
- Bread slices - 4 pieces
- Onion - 1 (medium, finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 1(finely chopped)
- Ginger - ¼ tsp(finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves - 1/2tsp(finely chopped)
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Turmeric powder - pinch
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves - ½ spring (finely chopped)
- Oil - for tempering& making toast
- Salt - to taste
- In a wide bowl take Thaayar Idli /Dosa Batter.
- Heat oil in a ladle or a tempering pan. Add Mustard Seeds & wait till it spullter.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped ginger, asafoetida, Turmeric Powder & Red Chilli Powder & saute it for a minute & transfer the tempering to the Idly/Dosa batter.
- Add onion, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt to the batter & mix well.
- Heat tawa or a griddle. Dip the bread slices in the Dosa batter & placed it in a greased tawa or griddle.
- Some more Dosa batter if needed on the top of bread slices.
- Cook in a medium heat for a minute & then turn other sides & cook till toast turns crisp.
- Cook evenly on all sides
- Simple & Yummy Dosa Toast is ready to serve. Serve it hot with Tomato Ketchup.