Idli Jamun desserts Nov 17, 2022 min Read
Idli jamuns are crunchy, soft, and incredibly delicious dessert. It is a natural, healthy, and tasty food by using minimum oil and without using artificial colors or preservatives.
- 3 Idlis (made from Thaayar batter), chopped into 1-centimeter cubes
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 10 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 Cardamom pods, crushed into powder
- Oil for deep - frying
- Make sugar syrup: In a saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups water and sugar. Boil the mixture. Stir it occasionally.
- Boil until the syrup thickens a bit. Add cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Making the sugar syrup may take about 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat. Next, turn off the heat. Roughly cover the syrup with a lid. Set aside.
- Fry idli pieces in oil until crispy and golden brown. Drain the excess oil.
- Put them in the sugar syrup. Fry all the idli pieces and soak them in hot syrup. Set aside until the fried idli chunks absorb the syrup and become soft and juicy.
- Serve 3 to 4 jamuns along with some sugar syrup in a bowl. Enjoy this heavenly treat!