Punugulu snacks Nov 14, 2022 min Read
These tasty fritters recipe is prepared as a Traditional food in Andhra Pradesh. Basically it is consumed as popular evening snack with a cup of masala chai or with a filter coffee.
- 2 Cup dosa / idli Thaayar batter
- 1 Tbsp rava
- 1 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 Tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 Inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1 Tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ Tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cups of leftover dosa/ idli Thaayar batter.
- Add in 1 tbsp rava and 1 tbsp rice flour. add 2 tbsp onion, 1 inch ginger, 1 green chilli, 2 tbsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- Add more rice flour if required to get thick batter.
- Now dip your hand in water, and start make lemon sized vadas. drop them one by one to hot oil.
- Keep the flame in lower to medium stir occasionally.
- Fry the punugulu till they turn golden brown. drain off the punugulu on to kitchen towel to absorb oil.
- Finally, serve punugulu with coconut chutney or tomato sauce.